why is my hair so dry?
- Spending long hours in the sun
- Residing in a hot, dry climate
- Frequent swimming in salty or chlorinated water
- Frequent washing of the hair
- Frequent use of electric straighteners or curling irons
- Dying and chemical treatment of hair
- Using toxic hair styling products like shampoos and conditioners
- Menopause, Autoimmune Disease, other hormone disrupting illnesses.
- Hypothyroidism: Dry and brittle hair is one of the first symptoms noticed when a person suffers from this condition. It is a health condition in which your thyroid glands are not producing enough thyroid hormones.
- Menkes syndrome is a genetic condition that prevents your cells from absorbing enough copper. Your hair's health can be grossly affected by low absorption of copper, which then causes hair dryness.
- An eating disorder that can lead to malnutrition, which can lead to even more health complications
P.S. You should also use a silk or satin pillowcase as this also reduces breakage and aging of your hair and skin.
HERE'S OUR RECOMMENDATIONS for a hair mask for dry hair