Are you looking for the best volumizing products to give your flat hair a boost? Everyone wants luscious and voluminous hair but finding the right product for your hair type can be tricky. Whether you have fine, curly, or dry hair, there is a volumizing product for you. In this blog, we shall look at the top 15 hair volume products available in the market. But first, here is a quick breakdown of types of hair volume products.
Hair volume product types
If you are looking for an instant solution to your dull and lifeless hair, then these hair volume products are a great option.
1. Mousse or Foam: Mousse and foam products are usually lightweight and airy, providing a light hold and creating volume. They are easy to apply to damp hair and when worked in properly, can help create long-lasting styles.
2. Thickening lotion or spray: A thickening lotion or spray can help instantly increase the volume and body of the hair. These products are applied to fine hair to help give more body and thickness, instantly increasing the volume of the hair.
3. Volumizing powder: Volumizing powder is a small, lightweight volumizing product that is used to provide an extra boost of volume when styling the hair. It is applied to damp or dry hair before styling and works by adding texture and grip to individual strands of hair.
4. Texturizing spray: Texturizing spray is a volumizing product that helps to add texture and lift to the hair. It is usually applied to damp hair and can be blended or brushed in to create a textured and voluminous look.
5. Heat protection spray: Heat protection spray is a must for anyone using heat tools, such as heat rollers or a curling wand. It helps to protect the hair from the damage caused by heat styling and can also provide a light hold and added volume.
6. Root lifters and volumizers: These products are specifically designed to lift and volumize the roots of the hair, creating a fuller and thicker look. They can be applied to damp or dry hair with a quick application before styling.
7. Dry shampoo: Dry shampoo is a great way to increase volume in the hair without having to style it. It absorbs oil and residue, giving the hair more grip and lift.
8. Back-combing/Teasing powders and tools: Back-combing is a method of volumizing the hair where small sections are 'teased' and combed backwards towards the scalp. Teasing powders and back-combing combs are specifically used to make this process easier and provide extra volume.
Volumizing products offer our hair a light and airy texture or a voluminous look, enhancing our hair’s appearance. But finding products that are both clean and non-toxic can be a challenge.
Here are the top 15 best hair volumizing products that are clean and non-toxic:
1. INSTA VOLUME ELIXIR
This leave-in conditioner and heat protection spray is the perfect solution to creating beautiful, voluminous hair.
It adds texture and long-lasting volume to your hair without the use of harsh, damaging chemicals.
Its unique formula instantly absorbs into the hair, creating volumized hair with no stickiness, build-up, or residue. It helps lock in moisture and gives a natural hold and bounce to your hair - the perfect combination of volume and shine. With its light-weight, flexible polymers, it helps to de-frizz and add body and style for up to 24 hours.
Thickening Lotions, Gels and Sprays
Texture & Teasing Powders
These fifteen volumizing products are sure to give your flat hair a much-needed boost. Whether you need a light hold or a more intense result, you are sure to find something among these products that will give you the look you want.
Natalie Palomino is a Master Stylist, educator and Founder of North Authentic. Through advanced education and commitment to her craft, she built a vast clientele providing haircare education and hair services. In 2020, she created North Authentic, a conscious haircare retailer that puts the health of its customers and the planet at the forefront.
All North Authentic products are free of: Sulfates, parabens, EDTA, 1,4 Dioxian, and many more all provided in our Hair Crimes List. While we work with our brands to become even more conscious, we identify additional "Free Of" ingredients on every product page.
Shop "Free Of" ingredient preferences using our Filters. You can also take the North Authentic Hair Quiz to get your personalized hair care prescription of the best products for your hair curl type.